Welcome to my Blog page

I am so glad you stopped by to read my page. Hopefully you find it informative, inspirational and encouraging. May you always have a blessed day!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 DAYS TO GO

Okay so I've been on my detox program for over a week now. I can honestly say that I don't really miss sugar or sweets. But I do miss my pasta and bread! The craving I have most often is for spaghetti, which has to be my all time favorite!! My background is part Italian and I was raised with Sunday spaghetti night dinners. 
Getting back to the diet, I had a delicious bowl of fresh pineapple and homemade yogurt. My weight has fluctuated over the last week. At first I had lost about 5 lbs only to gain 2 back, which is expected. Overall, I don't want to lose too quickly, but rather follow a more natural and healthy plan.  I will continue even after the 24th of this month, to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and less processed foods. And will slowly introduce more carbs into my diet, as I go. Over the long term, I believe I will lose more fat and less muscle. So for those following special diets after the New Year, I hope you are managing to meet your goals and rewarding yourselves with little incentives to keep up your spirits! So happy Thursday to everyone. 
Nikki signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment