Welcome to my Blog page

I am so glad you stopped by to read my page. Hopefully you find it informative, inspirational and encouraging. May you always have a blessed day!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Modified detox diet

I decided to develop my own modified version of a "cleanse" or "detox" program. Basically, I am cutting out sugar, carbs, sweets, starches and anything I would normally find to snack on and replacing them with fruit, veggies, yogurt and protein. I guess it would be close to a diabetic diet. I have planned to do this for 10 to 14 days but probably will complete the 2 weeks until January 24. I will say that I am not willing to give up coffee though, but I do drink tea equally as much as coffee. So far so good. One day down, 13 more to go.


Here's a great recipe that looks so delish! 


Greek Salad

Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
2 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
4 servings

Ingredients

  • 3 vine ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 European seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
  • 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chunked
  • 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chunked
  • 1 cubanelle pepper, seeded and chunked
  • 1 cup Kalamata black olives
  • Several sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, about 1/2 cup
  • 2 (1/4 pound) slices imported Greek feta
  • 1/4 cup (a couple of glugs) extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons (3 splashes) red wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
  • Coarse salt and black pepper
  • Pita breads

Directions

Combine vegetables, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. 

Rest sliced feta on the top of salad. Combine oil, vinegar, 

and oregano in a small plastic container with a lid. Shake vigorously to combine oil and vinegar and pour over salad and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and let the salad marinate until ready to serve. Serve salad with pita bread blistered and warmed on a hot griddle or grill pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment