Welcome to my Blog page

I am so glad you stopped by to read my page. Hopefully you find it informative, inspirational and encouraging. May you always have a blessed day!

Monday, October 8, 2012

CHILI, PLEASE!

HELLO THERE!
Recently I pulled out my crock pot that I had 
hiding in the back of one of my kitchen cabinets.
It had been a Christmas present a few years back. 
I wanted to experiment with some recipes with it. 
So I asked a few coworkers what they used theirs for 
and I came up with my own chili recipe 
(that you can find below!) 

When I got home from the store with my ingredients, 
I peeled and sliced an onion and 
a couple of fresh tomatoes (some from my garden :) ). 
I cooked a pound of hamburger meat and drained it. 
After soaking them overnight, 
I rinsed my 1 small package of beans 
(they can be kidney beans or a bean of your choice, 
I chose pink beans). I placed the beans, meat, tomatoes and 
onions in the slow cooker along with 1 teaspoon of garlic 
and chili powder (I use organic spices); 
cayenne pepper; a couple of bay leaves, 
sea salt (sprinkle in to taste); 
a small can of tomato sauce and 
1 can of tomato paste. I added water to cover 
the beans/meat. Placed the slow cooker on low 
and went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning (around 9am, 
it's my day off), the chili was done. All I had to do was stir and serve.


It turned out just super for the first time using the crock pot! 
So I recommend it highly for those of you who 
don't have a lot of time to prepare food or 
need a little different recipe to spice up your everyday food choices. 

The second recipe I will be attempting is a 
chuck roast, that most people have tried. So good luck experimenting!
Nikki B. signing off! 

PS. Would love to hear from anyone who 
have a great chili recipe of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment