Welcome to my Blog page

I am so glad you stopped by to read my page. Hopefully you find it informative, inspirational and encouraging. May you always have a blessed day!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

For the love of nursing

Why I became a nurse? I worked for a doctor in "Endocrinology" and I didn't even know what that was. I had no medical terminology at all. All I know is that I wanted to become more involved the more I learned. I started by taking a course in Human Anatomy and did well enough. I decided I would try Human Physiology and by that time I was hooked. I took more courses in Biochemistry, Microbiology and Organic Chem. 


I loved all of those courses so much so I wanted to know what I could do with that. Through my search to find myself, I learned that nursing was the path that best matched my personality to help people and to be able to apply what I was learning.

Many years later, I still love learning so I have since gone back to school and will be finishing up my Graduate studies in Women's Health. I have an absolute love of nutrition. So this will definitely be my focus and am loving the journey!  

Whatever your career choices in life may be, I only wish that you have a love of "what you do" so eloquently put by Steve Jobs. Dream big! Follow your heart and you can not go wrong! Good night to all.

Nikki signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment